The Modification Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all lovers of modification, no matter what kind!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Re-stretching my ears...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babylesbihonest

babylesbihonest

Re-stretching my ears... Empty
PostSubject: Re-stretching my ears...   Re-stretching my ears... I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 12:37 pm

I started stretching my ears when I was 14 and had no idea what I was doing, all I knew was what a friend with stretched ears told me. She gave me tapers and told me it was fine it skip sizes, I went from a 20g to a 12g to a 10g in less than 24hrs. After a few weeks I went to a 8g, few more weeks - 2g, then finally a 0g. I took them out when I noticed a teeny tiny bit of scar tissue on the back of my left ear. Reading this and remembering what I did to my poor lobes makes me cringe. Now my ears are probably a 16g, I haven't been wearing anything in them. I have some scar tissue in both holes, more in the left. I want to begin stretching them again, properly this time. I know to do correctly stretch and will never put my lobes through anything like that again. What I want to know is what you all think I should do to start stretching again? The scar tissue concerns me. Someone suggested getting them "punched" by my piercer, just enough to get rid of the scarring and then wait about 1/2 a year to begin taping them.
Advice please.
Back to top Go down
omnomnicon

omnomnicon

Re-stretching my ears... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-stretching my ears...   Re-stretching my ears... I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:06 am

Well, I would say approximately 6 months after you'd took them out. A little bit of scar tissue isn't a huge huge issue, it will just make it that tiny bit harder to stretch and you'll need to be a lot more careful- pop a 1.2 or 1.6 in and see how they feel, if they feel ok, wait a month or so and try gently pushing through a 2.4 taper and then the jewellery. alternatively, if you don't want to use tapers after your experience, go to your piercer and they'll use an insertion pin to stretch it and place the new jewellery in there. remember to wait at LEAST a month between every stretch, however I have a little scar tissue on my ears and I find that I have to wait around 3 months between stretching, and the bondage tape I use is .25mm thick, and i generally stretch .5mm then wait two weeks then add another two wraps. I also use holey butt'r to moisturise my ears and I clean them everyday with antibacterial soap and water. if you take it slow and don't take any risks, you should be fine- listen to your body Smile

also, what that person was referring to was 'dermal punching', which is where the piercer uses a medical biopsy punch to actually take out a bit of your skin as opposed to a needle which cuts a c-shaped incision in your skin that the jewellery heals around. I wouldn't advise this on soft tissue, although it can be done, dermal punches are much better suited to cartilage- you can expect a lot of bleeding after a punch and more often than not a lot of piercers will taper it up straight away to stem the flow of blood.
Back to top Go down

Re-stretching my ears...
Page 1 of 1