The Modification Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all lovers of modification, no matter what kind!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nostril Piercing Disaster

Go down 
AuthorMessage
inactive

Nostril Piercing Disaster Empty
PostSubject: Nostril Piercing Disaster   Nostril Piercing Disaster I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Studio: Pitbull Tattoos & Body Piercing Fort Saskatchewan
Piercer: Jaime Pasowicz
Price: $40
Overall rating: 1/10

As a birthday gift to me, my mom paid for me to go get my nose pierced. My local shop had a sale on where all piercings (excluding exotics) plus jewellery were $40, so I thought that was great. I'd heard some sketchy things about them but I have friends whose piercings have turned out fine.
So I went, paid, filled out the forms and whatnot then sat and waited while Jaime finished another client's piercings. My first impression was "Okay, wow. Only one piercer?" They also didn't have a "piercing room," but just an alcove-type area where their single piercer worked.
When she was done, she called me over, sterilized the area, made a mark and asked me to check it. When I gave her the okay, she did the piercing and put in the jewellery. Now this was when things started going wrong. Since my nose was pierced at a 16ga they had to put in a cbr because they didn't have nostril jewellery in that gauge. Fine and dandy, I let her put it in. Then she had problems getting it closed and ended up tugging and pinching my poor nose until it bled, then had to call over the manager who then clamped my nose and blamed it on me being twitchy. They then told me I could switch the jewellery in two (TWO?!) weeks because "it would be completely healed." I left as soon as they got the ball in.
A few days later my, my piercing which I had been soaking, cleaning, and not touching except for the occasional bump started oozing pus and scabbing quite badly. I know most infections start because of the piercee and not the piercer, but there was actually no possible way that could have gotten so badly infected with how I was caring for it. Either way I got it cleaned up and now I have the normal crusties and occasional bleeding, but there is still a small scabby area.
A little while later, I found out they had been piercing underaged girls' nipples, mis-spelling tattoos, piercing without gloves, and telling people that the good tattoo studio in our town was giving people infections.
Needless to say I will not be going back to Pitbull and will be filing a complaint with the board of health.

Would I go there again? NO, not even for a jewellery change.
Would I recommend to a friend? I'd have to have some pretty strong hatred for you to send you to Pitbull
Back to top Go down

Nostril Piercing Disaster
Page 1 of 1