The Modification Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all lovers of modification, no matter what kind!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nostril Screws Quality Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
littleseras

Nostril Screws Quality Question Empty
PostSubject: Nostril Screws Quality Question   Nostril Screws Quality Question I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:26 pm

I was browsing Bodyartforms, and I found these nose screws. Knowing that cheap is almost never synonymous with "good", does anyone see a reason why I shouldn't put this in my nose piercing? Also, what is the standard size of a nostril piercing? I see that they come in 20 & 16g.

edit; apparently I can't post the link, PM me for it I guess.
Back to top Go down
omnomnicon

omnomnicon

Nostril Screws Quality Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostril Screws Quality Question   Nostril Screws Quality Question I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:21 am

If you can, go to a piercer and get them to determine the gauge of the piercing- although I doubt it's 20g as that's normal gunned earring size... it's most likely to be 16g, which is 1.2mm.
Depending on how long you've had the piercing, you should be fine with most materials although of course it depends on your body and if you've had any reactions to any other materials- I'm fine with titanium but can't wear surgical steel. If they aren't expensive, go ahead and order one, but when you get it, i'd look at the quality of it, ie how well it has been made, and i'd try wearing it- but if i felt any irritation i'd switch it out straight away

you could also have a look at the reviews (if there is any) and see if anyone else has anything to say about it Smile
Back to top Go down

Nostril Screws Quality Question
Page 1 of 1