The Modification Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all lovers of modification, no matter what kind!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problems with nose ring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chirine

Problems with nose ring Empty
PostSubject: Problems with nose ring   Problems with nose ring I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 am

Hey guys!

In January I got my nose pierced and everything was healing up nicely, somewhere around February I went back to the piercingshop to get a new ring since I lost a piece of my original ring (a ball closure ring) and it kept sliding out of the hole. The new ring was slightly thicker and eventhough my nostril was a bit sensitive for a few days everything felt normal after that.

Flash forward to April, about two weeks ago I had to get an X-Ray picture and I had to remove my nose ring. I had never done it myself and had a bit of trouble bending the ring to slide it out. A few hours after I had the picture taken I decided to put my ring back in but it took me almost an hour to realize that I couldn't. So I went back to the shop and even the piercer himself had trouble getting it back in. He had to stick a piercing needle through it and then a slightly thicker one to stretch the hole up a little. After that it still took him effort to get my ring in again.

I only had it out for about 2 hours or so and I know that the healing period for nose piercings can run up to 12 months but I thought that by now it would be healed enough to take it out for a few moments without having to use so much force to get it back in again. Did anyone experience something like this or do I just have a really stupid nose?
Back to top Go down
fucked-up-and-fabulous

fucked-up-and-fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Problems with nose ring   Problems with nose ring I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:38 am

Personally, my nose has never closed up regardless of how long I leave it out, however, my girlfriends nose piercing closed up within 5 minutes of falling out and had, at this point, had it pierced for around 4 months already. I think it is very dependant on your body and how it reacts to healing as I tend to heal slower and as a result piercings take a while to close up. Hope this was helpful! xx
Back to top Go down
http://fucked-up-and-fabulous.tumblr.com
fuckingscum

fuckingscum

PostSubject: Re: Problems with nose ring   Problems with nose ring I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:29 am

I don't have my nose pierced, but my girlfriend does & just a month or so ago she took her jewelry out to put a new piece in & it shrunk up before she got it in. She also had to go & get it stretched to put the new jewelry in. To the day she still has a little trouble getting it in, if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, you're not alone is what I'm getting at ahaha
Back to top Go down
http://crewcabanger.tumblr.com
dieterhaley

dieterhaley

PostSubject: Re: Problems with nose ring   Problems with nose ring I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:31 pm

sometimes piercings can close up stupidly fast. you never know :p some people can get something pierced and just have the hole stay there forever. my friend had his smiley pierced briefly a few years ago and can still get jewelry in there, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://lenarox.deviantart.com/
whattheworldisreallylike

whattheworldisreallylike

PostSubject: Re: Problems with nose ring   Problems with nose ring I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:19 am

Seems pretty normal to me. My sister has had both sides of her nose pierced for years now, I know that it fell out once while she was in the shower & by the time she finished her shower & went searching for a replacement it had healed.

There's been a bunch of times that hers falls out even for just a few minutes & that's it. She's gotten one side re-pierced like 5 or 6 times I think. And this is YEARS old.
Back to top Go down
http://whattheworldisreallylike.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with nose ring   Problems with nose ring I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with nose ring
Page 1 of 1