The Modification Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all lovers of modification, no matter what kind!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Odd Healing on Eyebrow Ring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
whattheworldisreallylike

whattheworldisreallylike

Odd Healing on Eyebrow Ring Empty
PostSubject: Odd Healing on Eyebrow Ring   Odd Healing on Eyebrow Ring I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:56 am

Outside of two lobe piercings per ear, the only thing I've gotten pierced is my eyebrow.

I got it done in October and put some new jewelry on in January. For the past month I've noticed that it's healing odd. I've never had any problems before. At first I thought it might be a keloid, and knowing that I wasn't cleaning it as much as I was when I initially got it, I started cleaning it again. Today I tried to get a closer look, kind of hard to tell since it's behind the ball and the new jewelry has large balls, but it actually looks like a blood blister.

Any idea of what I can do to help it heal better?
Back to top Go down
http://whattheworldisreallylike.tumblr.com
omnomnicon

omnomnicon

Odd Healing on Eyebrow Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Healing on Eyebrow Ring   Odd Healing on Eyebrow Ring I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:17 am

a similar thing happened to my eyebrow piercing, it was like a red, bloody lump underneath the bottom ball. I went to my piercer and she said it looked like trapped fluid, so she took it out for me, squeezed it and out gushed a LOT of lymph. She said this was because I was knocking it (which admittedly I did, i would always forget it was there!) and she changed it to a much smaller bar for me.
It was absolutely fine for a few weeks until the same happened again- then I took it out. A lot of women have problems healing eyebrows piercings as they don't have the thick 'Neanderthal' ridge of skin where their brows are like men do.
What I do with my cheek piercings to draw out fluid and to sooth the area is to get a chamomile teabag, stew it, wait for it to cool slightly until it's just bearably hot and press it to my piercing until it cools. I do this twice a day every other day, and on my nostrils too, and it works a charm.
If you have any doubts though I'd go straight back to your piercer, they'd be able to give a better diagnosis Smile
also, just an afterthought, it could just be irritation- what material is the new jewellery?
Back to top Go down

Odd Healing on Eyebrow Ring
Page 1 of 1