The Modification Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all lovers of modification, no matter what kind!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Conch Piercing Diary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EMILY
Admin

Conch Piercing Diary Empty
PostSubject: Conch Piercing Diary   Conch Piercing Diary I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 am

So I thought I'd kick things off in the experience section by doing a write up of my newest shiny addition, my left conch:

Conch Piercing Diary 557614_10150752186284788_838134787_9376533_1454753674_n

So, here's a run down of the experience.

Studio: Extreme Needle London
Piercer: Miss xRonix
Price: £35
Overall rating: 11/10

This was a total spur of thing, me and Scott were wondering around London's Chinatown and stumbled upon Extreme Needle. I'd heard of them before and knew that they were very well respected and thought of, so popped my head in for a look about. Very much liking what I saw, I inquired about a conch piercing. I was informed that they were performed at the other shop, a 2 minute walk away.

We duly arrived at the other shop, and I handed over my money, filled out my forms and was given a stick *woo stickers*. I didn't actually realise who my piercer was until I went into the room, none other, than my idol, Miss xRonix! I'd been wanting to meet her for years, and had totally forgotten that she worked there, and was utterly gobsmacked. I'm pretty sure I made a complete blithering idiot of myself.

Fast forward to the piercing. As I got in, she described in detail what she was going to do: Disinfected, mark, check placement, pierce, jewellery in, ball on, 10 minute cool down and chat period (including aftercare) and that was us done.

She had all the equipment laid out on her work desk: Gentian violet, cocktail sticks, needle, jewellery, disinfectant swabs.

1) Roni washed her hands and donned nitrile gloves. She checked my ears to ensure it would come out right, and swabbed my ear.
2) Glove change!
3) Placement discussion. I wanted it matched up with my right conch (which is stretched to 4mm/6g)
4) Cocktail stick dipped in Gentian Violet (Far cheaper and more sterile than a multi-use Sharpie marker or gentian violet pen) Placement sorted, I checked in the mirror.
5) Hand wash and glove change.
6) She positioned my head and listened to my breathing. I took a deep breath in, and as I breathed out, the needle was in, out, cannula cut and done, in a second!
7) Jewellery insertion + ball screwed on.
Cool Everything wrapped up in disposable tissue and placed into a sharps bin.
9) Chill down and aftercare period. She explained that she gives these to everyone, as adrenaline can have odd effects on the body, and doesn't want people passing out on the street! Aftercare was flawless: Salt soak twice a day, no alcohol or energy drink for the first week (blood thinning), no fiddling, touching, playing, poking, prodding, fussing. Can change jewellery in 6 months.
10) We then talked about tumblr (www.missxronix.tumblr.com), modification, scarification, nerve damage from her implants, eyeball tattooing, and there were plenty of fistbumps. We also spoke a bit of Polish.

Here's a photo of Roni, for all those interested: (She's the one with the huge lobes and forehead implants)

Conch Piercing Diary StellaMorais2

Would I go there again? Definitely
Would I recommend to a friend? Of course!

It's now five days old, and behaving fantastically!
Back to top Go down
https://modificiationforums.forumotion.co.uk

Conch Piercing Diary
Page 1 of 1